Stalking Jack the Ripper #1

Monday 6 November 2017


Title: Stalking Jack the Ripper
Author: Kerri Maniscalco
Published: 20th September 2016
My Rating: 5/5
Recommend: HELL YES!!!!!
Synopsis:

Presented by James Patterson's new children's imprint, this deliciously creepy horror novel has a storyline inspired by the Ripper murders and an unexpected, blood-chilling conclusion...

Seventeen-year-old Audrey Rose Wadsworth was born a lord's daughter, with a life of wealth and privilege stretched out before her. But between the social teas and silk dress fittings, she leads a forbidden secret life.

Against her stern father's wishes and society's expectations, Audrey often slips away to her uncle's laboratory to study the gruesome practice of forensic medicine. When her work on a string of savagely killed corpses drags Audrey into the investigation of a serial murderer, her search for answers brings her close to her own sheltered world.

The story's shocking twists and turns, augmented with real, sinister period photos, will make this dazzling, #1 New York Times bestselling debut from author Kerri Maniscalco impossible to forget.

I really loved this book, this is one of those books where you are like why did I put off reading this book so long.

Where do I begin with Kerri's writing? From the moment I first heard about this book and glimpsed the first ARC cover, I just knew it. I knew it would be love at first sight.

description
Since then the love has expanded and grown.

The writing is exquisite, the plot twists you in knots, the characters are creeping on you. They all have one question is mind, Who is Jack the Ripper? Is the butler? Is it the officer? Is it Father? Or maybe it is YOU? These are the questions that enters the young minds of Thomas and Audrey when a series of deaths specifically women start showing up. The manner in which Kerri describes these dead bodies with their horrifying wounds will have you peeing in your pans. It is like watching a horror movie but without the pictures just with words instead.

I was so at the edge of my seat with this story, I took my time in reading this book and never wanting it to end but sadly I had to read to the end to know who Jack the ripper was didn't I? I like the way this book is set, what I mean by this if you look at the pages, the designs, chapters and the creepy evidence that Thomas and Audrey find? It really made it kind of spooky. Also, the ending? SO not what I expected my heart kind of broke a little.

The pace in this book is quite fast, you jumping from wagon to wagon with so many mysteries and things are not adding up. I won't say much more than this because I had no idea how to talk about the plot without ruining for you instead let us swoon about Thomas!

Thomas, oh my he is sooooo dreamy. I wish he would exist, I would so make him my boyfriend. I love incredibly articulate, well spoken, intelligent and how perceptive he is. You can truly tell by his mannerisms and words how truly magnificent he is and how he really misses nothing. What he sees you may not see and what you see he sees something else (that sounded way cooler in my head than it did typing it). He is an enigma which I have not deciphered, his interactions with Audrey are incredibly rude and super cute that you want to just kiss him instead.

Audrey is a breath of fresh air, she is strong minded, stubborn, extremely intelligent, has a knack for arguing with Thomas and is immediately interested in all darkly/deathly things. I am surprised as well as proud that a young girl would be taking apart dead corpses and finds enjoyment in that (especially where it is set, no idea if that actually happened but I like to think it did)

I can't wait to read the next book, not long left now!


Like what you read? Hit the like button and don't forget to share this! ^_^
Bloglovin | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | G+ | Pinterest

Post a Comment

Welcome © . Theme by STS.