Black Dawn

Monday 22 May 2017




Title: Black Dawn
Author: Mallory McCartney
Published: 14th February 2017
My Rating: 5/5
Recommend: YES
Synopsis:

The end of an Empire, The rise of a Queen

Emory Fae enjoys leading a quiet, normal life. That is until two mysterious, and handsome soldiers show up at her apartment, and the life she knew is instantly whisked away. Memphis Carter and Brokk Foster come from the magical and war ridden world of Kiero, and upon Emory's arrival she will discover she is the long lost heir to the Royal Line and is thrown into the Black Dawn Rebellion with a dynamic role to ignite the rebels and reclaim her throne. 

With both men being darkly woven in her past Emory uncovers hidden secrets, a power held long dormant, and will soon realize there are worse things than supernatural humans, love, loss, betrayal, and a Mad King.

Some things are better left in the shadows.

Received an advance reader copy in exchange for a fair review,

OMG! GUYS!!! How in the world do I explain myself to you without revealing anything? This book might have been a short read BUT it was so much more than that! I was on the edge of my bed the whole time I was reading this! Honestly some of the things that are revealed I did not expect.

Emory, Brokk and Memphis are childhood best friends. They all grew up together in the academy (we get to witness some sweet as well as foreshadowing moments leading up to the present), but what we aren't told in the beginning is what does Adair want? What is the secret behind the book?
When Adair kills Emory parents and destroys her kingdom, she comes to Memphis and Brokk for help so they whisk her away to Earth with all memories of her past forgotten, that is until she is abducted by Memphis and Brokk 6 years later.

OKAY SO BEFORE I CONTINUE WITH THIS REVIEW, I NEED TO WARN ALL OF YOU THAT BROKK IS MINE FOR THE TAKING. I CRIED LIKE A BABY WHEN HE WAS HURT. AND OH MALLORY KILLED MY HEART A LITTLE WHEN SECRETS FROM HIS PAST ARE REVEALED. AGAIN I REPEAT- BROKK IS MINE!!!! 

description

Let's get back to the review shall we?

Brokk and Memphis are incredibly loyal to each other, the Academy, their rulers vision and to Emory. They do everything within they power to protect their kind and restore the kingdom to its once glory by the true heir, Emory. 

Brokk is what I guess you could describe as part-wolf (as he can transform in to it) but he also has the ability to travel back in time, specifically those that are connected to him. He is incredibly sweet and caring (I wish Mallory would enter me in the book I would gladly be his other half). Leader and second in command to Memphis, Brokk would do anything for those he deeply cares about.

Memphis has been in love forever with his best friend. Although he breaks from one relationship and sort of enters another, I didn't really like that but we are told he has been in love with Emory since they were kids. I truly did want to hate Memphis, I along with the other characters felt like everything he did was for himself really but I assume there is more to the story than meets the eye but he is dedicated and incredibly loyal.

Emory is a feisty one, I really love that about her. She grows in to her powers really quick with the help of Nyx (not sure how I feel about her). Even though she has not gained her memory fully she is willing to do whatever it takes to save her kingdom and her people. I have to be honest here, I really was hoping her romantic interest was someone else and I was rooting for him until that devastating secret is revealed. Now I know they can't be together but that doesn't mean he can't be with me right? XD.


 Like what you read? Hit the like button and don't forget to share this! ^_^
 Bloglovin | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | G+ | Pinterest

Post a Comment

Welcome © . Theme by STS.