Movie Review: The Conjuring 2

Sunday 12 February 2017


Movie Details:
Title: The Conjuring 2
Release Date: 10th June 2016 
Cast: Vera Farmiga, Patrick Wilson, Frances O' Connor, Madison Wolfe, Simon McBurney, Franka Potente 
Rating: 5/5
Synopsis: 

In 1977, paranormal investigators Ed (Patrick Wilson) and Lorraine Warren come out of a self-imposed sabbatical to travel to Enfield, a borough in north London. There, they meet Peggy Hodgson, an overwhelmed single mother of four who tells the couple that something evil is in her home. Ed and Lorraine believe her story when the youngest daughter starts to show signs of demonic possession. As the Warrens try to help the besieged girl, they become the next targets of the malicious spirit.

O-M-G! I literally have no words, I am speechless how to describe the experience of watching this. I freaking love this, even now thinking of some of those scenes gives me the heebie-jeebies.The story was woven with so much suspense and twists, it was a epic ghost tale that send chills down my spine. This was both scary as hell to watch and loved every minute of it, it was so worth the wait to watch after three years of the first release. 

This had a very old, vintage, 1990's theme to it as how it should be, remember this is set in 1977 so the scenes should like it too although I have no idea how they manage to do that maybe it was all a camera trick? . In Conjuring 2, the movie is mainly black, grey and old style decor. I didn't think the colour was very bright but I guess I would expect that from the film. However, the whole bleakness was good as it set the tone for the eerie scary scenes. 

I can 100% confirm that you will scared as hell, because there is more going on than meets the eye, yes Janet is possessed but something else, more sinister is lurking there. Will Ed and Lorraine figure it out before it is too late?

The Music and sound for any horror movie can never be good is it? They always play these freaky background music that scares me even if there is nothing there. I know they do it as an added effect to build up more suspense. But I am that kind of person when alone in the house, whenever the house creaks or any movement is made, in my head the background music is already  playing and I start to conjure up the most absurd scenarios ever! *runs and hides* 😟😨🙈🙈🙈🙈.

I really loved the acting in this movie, I think the whole cast did a stupendous job. They did such a good job, I was constantly at the edge of my seat, at one point I even doubted if Ed and Lorraine would even help Janet and Peggy especially when something demonic is after  her and no one trusts you or is willing to help. I really have no idea how James Wan did this but he managed to pull of the impossible and make a superb sequel to the first film.

Let's talk: have you seen this film yet? What did you think of it? Let me know in the comments below!

Like what you read? Hit the like button and don't forget to share this! ^_^
Bloglovin | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | G+ | Pinterest

Post a Comment

Welcome © . Theme by STS.