The Alchemists of Loom: What Is She? What Is He Hiding?

Monday 2 January 2017



Title: The Alchemists of Loom
Author: Elise Kova 
Publishing: 10th January 2017
My Rating: 5/5
Recommend: Hell yes!
Synopsis:


Her vengeance. His vision.

Ari lost everything she once loved when the Five Guilds’ resistance fell to the Dragon King. Now, she uses her unparalleled gift for clockwork machinery in tandem with notoriously unscrupulous morals to contribute to a thriving underground organ market. There isn’t a place on Loom that is secure from the engineer turned thief, and her magical talents are sold to the highest bidder as long as the job defies their Dragon oppressors.

Cvareh would do anything to see his sister usurp the Dragon King and sit on the throne. His family’s house has endured the shame of being the lowest rung in the Dragons’ society for far too long. The Alchemist Guild, down on Loom, may just hold the key to putting his kin in power, if Cvareh can get to them before the Dragon King’s assassins.

When Ari stumbles upon a wounded Cvareh, she sees an opportunity to slaughter an enemy and make a profit off his corpse. But the Dragon sees an opportunity to navigate Loom with the best person to get him where he wants to go.

He offers her the one thing Ari can’t refuse: A wish of her greatest desire, if she brings him to the Alchemists of Loom.



Received an advance reader copy in exchange for a fair review, a huge thank you to Keymaster Press

This is unbelievably epic with violent battles and heroic acts. The fight to save Loom and restore it to how it was once before, the struggle for power. 

I have read a lot of Fantasy novels but this one is quite different and a first for me. I mean come on its about Dragons!!! I haven't read a Dragon book before so this was definitely a first and a surprise. This also put a lot of conjuring in my head to rest because I was mistaking for Elise's creation to the version in my head. At first I was thinking their appearance is the same to how I have always seen them, creature like. However that isn't the case, they may be called Dragons but their bodies are like humans in the sense they have arms, legs etc. Of course they are NOT HUMANS<----- BIG DIFFERENCE HERE, I MEAN THEIR APPEARANCE RESEMBLES LIKE ONE NOT THAT THEY ARE! Do you understand? Are you just as baffled as I am? I may have just confused myself with that sentence. 

Arianna and Cvareh. OOHMYGOSH!!! They are both on fire! And oh my if I thought Aldrik had a tongue on him what about Arianna? She is feisty and fights back, never missing an opportunity to shutting anyone up, I love it. I do secretly wish I had her ability but then again that may land me in uncomfortable situations but I do want her tenacity. Cvareh may seem like a push over but don't judge him before meeting him sister or he may rip your heart out and I mean that literally. I don't know how to describe him really, I mean he is strong (not only because he has Dragon blood in him), loyal and persistent but I also liked how after imbibing (what a word eh? I learned a new word thanks to Elise!) they both seem to develop an intense connection that I could literally feel through the pages of my kindle on my iPhone. This is NO JOKE! Their relationship or likeness for each other was steady as the story progressed. I really liked that it wasn't rushed into, there was more to the story apart from the romance.

Ari and Cvareh have a agreement, if Ari takes Cvareh to Loom she can have his boon (which is like getting your wishes granted from a genie in a bottle). However, their journey is anything but simple. Along the way they face several hardships and maybe a few cleanliness problems too with a couple of moaning and groaning. 

I also loved Flor, how can anyone not? I feel like she is just like me but better than me too. She is afraid yet fearless at the same time and this time she gets to travel with the white Wraith and not only does she learn things along the way she also implements change instantly. I was surprised with one choice she made I supposed in a sense she didn't really have much of a choice, I have no idea what I would do if I was in her position. Ari and Flor's relationship is strong, and the love these two share for one another is like anchor holding them on, I loved reading sweet moments between these two it was so adorable #friendshipgoals 

From what I understand before Dono took over, people were free to learn from whichever Guild they pleased instead of being inclined to only one which I agree with, why would you only want to learn one skill when you can learn so many?

How did I forget to mention the mystery of what Ari is? She is a enigma. 

I REALLY loved this book, it is a MUST READ so if you haven't already pre-ordered the book! Then go here


Let's talk: Have you ever read a Dragon book before, what did you think?

 Like what you read? Hit the like button and don't forget to share this! ^_^
 Bloglovin | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | G+ | Pinterest

Post a Comment

Welcome © . Theme by STS.