Echoes of Eternity #1

Saturday 16 January 2016

26081611 
Title: Nightwish
Author: Sydney Bristow
Published: 9th August 2015
My Rating: 3/5
Recommend: Yes
Synopsis:

Serena Sykes just discovered that the mother, identical twin sister, and niece she never knew existed…are the last remaining witches on the planet. That is, except for Serena, who recently received her own limited, albeit wildly erratic supernatural abilities.

But her newfound family isn’t interested in helping her master those gifts. After all, Serena’s mother has been communicating beyond the veil with the first witch in their line, a sorceress named Zephora who hopes to return to this dimension and destroy an ancient curse that would unleash paranormal creatures across the globe.

To help guide her in this new landscape, Serena turns to her grandmother, an elderly woman suffering from dementia and the only vampire in existence, a man who has his own mysterious agenda. With less than 48 hours to prevent her family from triggering a supernatural wasteland, Serena must learn to control her abilities…if she hopes to save the world!


I received this book in an exchange for an honest review

It's been a while since I have done review, no wonder I felt as if a part of me was missing! :(

There is only one word I would use to describe this book, mysterious. I am not sure if the author intended for the book to be depicted that way but that is how I see this book. Serena is a very grounded character who finds out one day that she is witch, however compared to her sister; her power and capabilities are very limited. What I like most about this book was how power is not represented just with magic but other in forms too such as the perseverance of someone or their strength (Serene definitely had those two).

The Grandma in this book was definitely a strong, intelligent character who loved her Granddaughter very much and protected her till the very last breath. I love how the bond between these two are so strong even after the Grandma passes away (sad times), she really taught Serena with strong values.

I personally loved Darius, maybe cos I love vampires? Not sure, but I loved the edginess he brought to the story which made it even more interesting. I cannot say the same about Alexis who is very malicious and spiteful to her sister. I mean come on, how is it Serena's fault that they were separated? Does she really need to be that mean? I don't think so! (same with their mother). Celestina is my fav in the entire book, I love how her nature and personality is preserved and not tainted by her mother or Grandma!
 

Post a Comment

Welcome © . Theme by STS.