The Kuthun

Monday 31 August 2015

24986112 
Title:The Kuthun
Author: S.A Carter
Published: 12th August 2014
My Rating: 3/5
Recommend: Yes
Synopsis:

EVERY BLOODLINE MUST HAVE A FIRST

When Elena is given a kuthun on the morning of her
birthday she is unaware of the ancient magic
it wields.
Tormented by dreams and haunted by a curse that has
plagued her family of witches for centuries, she
must uncover the buried secrets that hold the key to
her destiny.
What she discovers will change the future, and Elena
will have to face the demons of her past if she is
to survive.

Is she willing to make the ultimate sacrifice?


 





I received this book in an exchange for an honest review

This book is unlike what I assumed it would be and turned out to be the opposite.

description

When Elena gets The Kuthun as a present on her birthday, strange things begin to happen (not that they don't already I mean come on she is a witch!)

I found the plot to be interesting but it wasn't until she reveals all the details to her Uncle and Ama, after 2/3 of the books does the amazing things start to happen. I was mesmerised in the book and couldn't get out of it until the end. The first half of the book is the only downside in this part since the pace is very slow and took a while to pick up the pace.

I found her Uncle to be annoying at times, the same with Phoebe. They were okay characters, her uncle seemed to angered alot whilst Phoebe I felt like was a go hippy type.

The most loved character for me was the Venator, who we don't get to see a lot of apart from snippets. If there is a second book, which I am sure there is I am pretty sure we will see more of him ;). Now we do find out his name in the end, but you will have to read the book to find out!

Oh, oh I forgot to mention, Isis was another character that was very alluring, have to rate the Author for that!

Post a Comment

Welcome © . Theme by STS.