Dreamland #1

Sunday 2 August 2015

25309550 
Book: The Dreamer
Author: E.J Mellow
Published:15th May 2015
My Rating: 3/5
Recommend: Yes
Synopsis: 

It’s night. Always night. Dreams guard against the evil forged by nightmares. Infinite shooting stars illuminate a moonless sky. A city stands alone, surrounded by a darkened field. On its fringes, a man watches one star separate from the masses and fall. What survives the crash will unveil a secret centuries long hidden.

Molly hasn’t slept well since the night of her twenty-fourth birthday. Being struck by lightning might have something to do with it, but then again, her chicken did look a little undercooked at dinner. Whatever the culprit, her life quickly catapults from mundane to insane as, night after night, Molly is transported through her once dreamless sleep to a mysterious land illuminated by shooting stars.

There she meets the captivating but frustrating Dev, and together they discover Molly possesses a power coveted by his people—the ability to conjure almost anything she desires into existence. Seduced by the possibilities of this gift, Molly shifts her attention from waking life toward the man, the magic, and the world found in her dreams.

But Molly must ask herself—does something truly exist if you only see it when you close your eyes?

Faced with the threat of losing everything—her job, best friend, boyfriend, and most importantly, that little thing called her sanity—Molly will learn just how far she’ll go to uncover what is real and what is merely a figment of her imagination.


I received this book in an exchange for an honest review. Thanks to Enchanted Book Promotions

ALERT!!! RED ALERT!!!

description

O-M-G!!!! Mellow has made my emotions fluctuate up and down like a heart beat monitor....beep! beep! I honestly don't know what to think about this book right now. I suppose I should start from the beginning right? Lol, what is wrong with you? You drunk? What?, no! Right..

Okay, so let me begin with the cover. Who would not love this cover right? Not only is it alluring you in once you set your eyes upon it but you can't get enough of it! This cover is exactly how I would depict Molly to be. Dreaming in a euphoric kind of state, albeit this cover reminds me of underwater. But kudos to the author, love her artisitc skills!

The content for this book was mind blowing. I have never come across such a exceptional piece before. (
Terra Somniorum' are very interesting words, now if you look this up you will find that in Latin it means 'Lands of Dreams' (you do find this out eventually in the book too). You find this out, but it isn't until 3/4 of the book, I just wish as a reader the action could have come alot sooner. Not that it disappointed me! Boy did it not! I was on the edge of my seat the whole time!) All through the book, I kept asking what is so special about this place? Why does Molly have a connection to it? Why?? I am glad to finally have found some of those answers!

http://milkysmile.blogspot.co.uk/
One of the biggest bummers for me in this book was the 'apparent' love triangle, I say 'apparent' in speech marks because, the one thing I did not expect was Jared. Oh, yes oh. I won't divulge too much in the romance brewing between Molly and Dev, and Molly Jared. I can tell you, I was not pleased with it. AT ALL! I mean how can she kiss two guys in the same night? One in reality and the other in the land of dreams. I think she is leading both Jared and Dev on, how can Molly state she yearns for another guy whilst being with Jared? And vice versa It's like NO, Molly no!! Now that it is revealed what Molly's true destiny is, I so want Molly to go with Dev! Even though as of yet, it seems highly unlikely (you will understand why once you read the book ;)) But that is not to undermine Jared at all! No no no no! Jared is lush, god in his own way! He took care of Molly so well and he really cares for her which he has no problem showing it ;)

On a serious note, I fell love in with Dev's character, so I hope Molly goes with him! I hope so! Will have to wait until the sequel :(

description

Apart from that, the book is sooooo sooo soo good! So please check it out! It really will blow your mind, there are some similarities of it like the Evernight Series by Claudia Gray but not many! They are both two very diverse concepts, so please don't mix them up! Both of them are great! 



http://milkysmile.blogspot.co.uk/

Post a Comment

Welcome © . Theme by STS.